Cardiac Rehabilitation is about improving your quality of life after heart
disease. We can help with lifestyle changes to improve physical fitness,
nutrition and disease education.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation program features experienced nurses and exercise
physiologists who work with patients to design individually tailored programs
that focus on exercise and healthy lifestyle changes to aid in recovery
from heart surgery, cardiac procedures, or chronic heart conditions.
Most insurance plans cover participation in medically supervised cardiac
rehabilitation programs. Garden City Hospital offers cardiac rehabilitation
on the hospital’s campus.
To learn more about Cardiac Rehab or to schedule an appointment with a
heart specialist, call 734-458-3242.
Phases of Treatment
- Phase 1 Monitored exercise following cardiac surgery or procedure
- Phase 2 More rigorous exercise under care of cardiac staff
- Phase 3 Set your own program/maintenance
What You'll Gain
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program will help you:
- Increase your exercise tolerance and overall stamina, flexibility and strength
- Reduce complications from your condition
- Decrease your anxiety
- Learn ways to monitor your heart health
- Identify ways to reduce your cardiac risks, such as quitting smoking, minimizing
stress, losing weight, reducing blood pressure and lowering cholesterol
- Take charge of your life and your health