Garden City Hospital has updated its visitation policy for non-COVID-19
patients. Our top priority remains to maintain a safe environment for
our patients, families and staff. Please see the new guidelines listed below.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
Garden City Hospital will permit limited visitations to non-COVID-19 patients
- No visitors are allowed for patients in any form of isolation.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask or other cloth face covering for
the duration of their visit, non-compliant visitors will be asked to leave
- All visitors will be screened at the entrance for symptoms of COVID-19.
Visitors with a respiratory infection, including but not limited to fever,
cough or shortness of breath, will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- All visitations are allowed through the main lobby entrance between 11:00
am and 3:00 pm Monday-Friday and through the ER entrance on the weekends.
- Visitation to critical care units is coordinated through the ICU team only.
- We are restricting the number of visitors to two per patient per day, 1
hour or less, to minimize the risk of exposure for all visitors.
We strongly discourage people who are at high risk of developing severe
complications from COVID-19, including older adults, those with underlying
medical conditions and children.
Children under the age of 16 will not be permitted.
- Visitors will be restricted to the patient's room only.
- Alternatives to in-person visits are available to all patients, including
video and audio calls.
- No visitation is allowed during aerosol-generation procedures or during
the collection of respiratory specimens.
Visitation guidelines are subject to change with changes to state guidelines
and the COVID-19 situation. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation
at this time as we protect the health and safety of our patients, community