CALL FOR ABSTRACTS- 2020 GME RESEARCH DAY AT GARDEN CITY HOSPITAL
ABSTRACTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY APRIL 1ST, 2020
Cash awards will be given to the top three papers
Notification of accepted papers will be made by April 15th
It is our pleasure to announce our
2020 GME Research Day at Garden City Hospital on Friday May 1st, 2020. Residents from all programs, fellows, faculty, and medical students rotating
at GCH are expected to submit abstracts. Considering this is the first
Research day in the institution, the theme for this year will focused on
“Promoting an Inquiring Mind in GME” by sharing and encouraging peer-to-peer learning, dialogue and scholarly
insight in our institution.
The meeting will provide sessions with two formats: Conventional
oral presentations (15 minutes plus 5 minutes questions) and
posters. Presentation and poster guidelines will be posted by the end of March
in New Innovations and in our Medical Education website.
Recommended Abstract Format:
- Authors & affiliation
Word limit for abstracts:
Title: 125 characters max.
Body of abstract: 250 words max.
Suggested Abstract topics:
- Program and Institutional Accreditation
- Innovations in the clinical learning environment
- Program evaluations/assessments
- Scholarly activity:case reports, retrospective studies, QI projects, Interventional studies.
- Clinical Learning Environment (CLER: wellness, professionalism, Patient
Safety, Transition of care, Fatigue management, health care quality)
Abstract Review Criteria:
- Innovation/novelty: advancement of knowledge, and/or improvement of capabilities.
- Quality: The results should be substantive and not just implied. Where
- Comprehensive statistical analysis should be applied.
- Images should be of the highest quality.
- All recommendations involving clinical medicine must be based on evidence
that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification
for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
- Impact: The method or data in the abstract should aim to advance or change
the field in significant ways.
- IRB approval, include approval #.