Strawberry & Watermelon Summer Salad
Here’s a quick summer salad recipe that’s both unique and sure to please. The somewhat oddly paired ingredients meld so perfectly together that it creates a total flavor explosion, and it tells every one of your senses it’s summertime... Strawberries and watermelon, YUM!
• 3 cups seedless Watermelon, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
• 3 cups Strawberries, sliced
• 4 cups of Spring Mix with some spicy Arugula
• 1/2 C crumbled feta cheese or more to taste
• 1 cup fresh shelled pistachios
• Favorite summer vinaigrette to taste (A light Raspberry, Champagne or a Blueberry all work well)
• 3/4 C fresh mint
• 1/4 red onion, sliced very thinly (optional)
1. In a large bowl gently toss chilled watermelon cubes, sliced strawberries and spring mix (add red onion now if you like) with your favorite raspberry or champagne vinaigrette.
2. Place on individual chilled plates
3. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and pistachios
4. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
(Makes 4 Servings) 180 calories | 10g fat | 4 mg cholesterol | 10 g carbohydrates | 10 g protein | 9 g fiber