Shrimp, Black Bean & Corn Salad
Loaded with fresh tomatoes, peppers and cilantro, this shrimp and black bean salad recipe has all the flavors of a great fresh salsa and is a quick and easy no-cook recipe, perfect for summer eating.
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, (for heat) add to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin • Pinch of salt
• 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed thoroughly and drained
• 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
• 1/3 cup of fresh corn, cooked and chilled
• 1 large poblano or bell pepper, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped scallions
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle, cumin and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add shrimp, beans, tomatoes peppers, corn, scallions and cilantro; toss to coat.
3. Serve room temperature or cold.
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Makes 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups) 250 calories, 8 g fat, 90 mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium