Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles
1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
1/4 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
1. Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl.
2. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes.
3. roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour.
4. roll the frozen balls in melted chocolate. refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
1. Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
2. To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Active time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 2 hours
Nutrition Information Per Serving
(Makes 20 truffles) 64 calories; 3g fat; 1mg cholesterol