Grilled Vegetable Salad
• 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
• 2 (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps
• 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
• 1 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
• 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
• 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 6 tablespoons crumbled queso fresco (or your cheese of liking)
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. To prepare salad, coat asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, onion, and bell pepper with cooking spray. Place vegetables on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until slightly blackened. Remove vegetables from grill; cool slightly. cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
3. Add vegetables, basil, chives, and parsley to vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Dress with Balsamic vinaigrette or your choice of low-calorie salad dressing. cook time: 12 minutes; Total Time: 35 minutes
Nutrition Information Per Serving
(Makes 6) 77 calories; 3g fat; 2mg cholesterol