Baked Apples with Cranberries, Raisins & Apricots
Fabulous – and so easy. This great combination of flavors is an irresistible treat for company any time of year but will truly warm your hearts during the cold months.
• 1/2 cup golden raisins
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
• 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or allspice, divided
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
• 2 cups sparkling apple-cranberry juice
• 1/4 cup frozen concentrated cranberry juice cocktail, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove stems from apples. Using melon baller, scoop out core of each apple, making 1-inch-wide hollow center but leaving bottom of apple intact. Make 1/8-inch-deep cut in skin around center of each apple.
2. Arrange apples, hollowed side up, in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
3. Mix raisins, cranberries, sugar, apricots, and 1/2 teaspoon allspice in small bowl. Pack fruit mixture into hollows of apples. Sprinkle any remaining fruit mixture around apples in dish. Drizzle butter into filling and around apples in dish. Pour sparkling juice and cranberry concentrate into dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon allspice into dish. Bake apples uncovered until tender, occasionally basting with cranberry juice mixture, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
4. Transfer apples to 4 bowls. Pour juices from dish into medium saucepan and boil until thick enough to coat spoon, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over apples.
Active prep time: 25 minutes; Total prep time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Nutrition Information Per Serving
(Makes 4) 130 Calories; 3g Fat; 1mg Cholesterol